CCIC is a coalition of Canadian voluntary sector organizations working globally to achieve
sustainable human development.
CCIC seeks to end global poverty and to promote social justice and human dignity for all.
The Council’s broad vision of development as articulated in the 10-Point Agenda to End Global Poverty and Injustice is reconfirmed – not as a work plan for the CCIC Secretariat but as a guiding framework for CCIC as a whole and as a situating document to help inform the way in which Council spokespersons characterize the positions of the sector writ large. The 10-Point Agenda to End Global Poverty and Injustice asserts development in a human rights framework.
A renewed CCIC will:
• Continue to be acknowledged as a key public voice, representing international CSOs on questions of development effectiveness, the viability and the health of the sector, the role of civil society globally and Canada’s role in the world;
• Continue to be widely acknowledged as an effective convenor on issues defined by and relevant to its members;
• Continue to be the “go to” source for analysis and information on the “Aid” file;
• Have a more active and engaged membership, with a broader and more diverse membership
• Be sustainable, with core functions funded with revenue from members and a diversity of
Select one of the categories on the left, or visit our Archives section for past documentation.